What is Endpoint Security?
First published: 18/10/2022
Endpoint Security is software that runs on your company endpoints (Desktop PC’s, Laptops, Mobile devices etc) to protect them from malicious threats and cyber-attacks.
Traditional Anti-Virus software uses a signature-based approach, which has failed to match the pace of emerging malware and evasion techniques. The ever-growing threat of ransomware and other malicious malware-based attacks demand a different approach to endpoint protection. Furthermore, with the substantial increase of remote working, mobility, and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), there is a need to deliver consistent protection for endpoints everywhere.
Next generation Endpoint Security software also known as Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), use multiple advanced techniques to detect malware and suspicious activity including Continuous Behavioural Monitoring, Advanced Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Most importantly, any good EDR solution will provide a centralised management console giving an overview of the health of your endpoints and automatically respond to any suspicious activity including quarantine, network isolation and raising appropriate alerts.
Why is Endpoint Security so Important?
Traditional Anti-Virus is no longer adequate to detect and respond to the advanced nature of todays cyber-threats. Every device that employees use to connect to your business networks and systems represents a potential risk that cyber criminals can exploit to gain access to your company data. Continuous monitoring of those devices is critical to ensure they remain secure.
Managed Endpoint Security
Engage IT partner with Custodian 360 to provide Managed Endpoint Security. They use Sentinel One to provide threat prevention, behavioural detection, and automated response in a single platform, driven by machine learning and intelligent automation that is fully managed by a team of security experts.
Features and Benefits
- Continuous behavioural monitoring of the client helps create a complete profile of file activity, application and process activity, and network activity. This allows for protection against both file-based and file-less malware and delivers a 360-degree attack view with actionable intelligence relevant for investigations.
- Multiple layered, heuristic-based techniques for protection include cloud intelligence, advanced static analysis, and dynamic behavioural protection. These helps protect against and remediate known and unknown malware.
- No need for regular scans or periodic updates always enables the highest level of protection without hampering user productivity.
- Unique rollback capabilities also support policies that not only remove the threat completely but also restore a targeted client to the state before the malware activity initiated. This eliminates the need for manual restoration in the case of ransomware and similar attacks.
- Cloud-based management console giving an overview of the health of your endpoints and automatically respond to any suspicious activity including quarantine, network isolation and raising appropriate alerts. It also functions as an investigative platform to help identify the root cause of detected malware threats and provide actionable intelligence about how to prevent these from recurring.
- Managed and monitored by a team of security experts who will detect and respond to any threats and suspicious activity.
Contact Us to find out how you should be protecting your endpoints.